One easy way to improve the internet speed is by tuning your web browser.
In this article we are going to explain how to speed up Firefox.
A web browser plays an important role when it comes to a fast navigation experience. There is quite a big battle between the most used internet browsers, like Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox. One way to distinct a browser from the competition is by giving the browser extra options. One of this extra options in Mozilla Firefox is it has the possibility that the user can configure almost everything. In this article I will show you a possible configuration which will speed up Firefox. But you have to take the following in mind: if you want to speed up Firefox because you are having a slow internet, than this customization will not help you a lot.
When you are having problems with your internet speed, I recommend you to read the article: why is my internet so slow?
Speed up Firefox: instructions
Start Mozilla Firefox and do the following:
- Open a new tab in Firefox and type “about:config” in your address bar.
- In the “Filter:” search-box, type “network.http” .
- Look for the “network.http.keep-alive” setting and make sure it’s set to “true”. Change it to true if needed.
- On the same page, look for “network.http.version” and set to “1.1″
- Clear out the Filter box and type “pipelining”
- Look for “network.http.pipelining” Right-click on that line, and click on “toggle” and set the value to “true”.
- If you’re on a proxy, look for “network.http.proxy.pipelining” Right-click on that line, and click on “toggle” and set the value to “true”.
- Look for “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” Right-click on that line, click “modify” and set the value to 8. If you notice your internet is acting weird after this, try decreasing this value.
That is all! But why does this speed up Firefox? That is easy, you have increased the number of asynchronous calls that Firefox can make to obtain information from a web page. So content from the website will be faster downloaded to your machine.
These instruction as a video:
Are you looking for more tips and trick on how to speed up Firefox or internet in general? Check out: how to speed up internet.
If you are interested in optimizing your PC and internet performance, than you should visit the site Overclockers. On Overclockers you can find everything to tune-up your PC. They have also and great forum where you can post questions and problems you might have.
Other sources related to the subject Speed up Firefox: